- Live in warm, humid areas (including wet winters and rainy seasons)
- Store laundry/clothes packed away in boxes or
- Leave damp clothes and laundry at the bottom of washing machines or the laundry basket
- Have leaking plumbing or walls or ventilation problems in your home
When you need expert professional mould removal and prevention services throughout NSW, Victoria, and Queensland, call Mould Cleaning Australia.
- Check the care label on your clothes first to see if a hot wash is suitable.
- If it is then set the water temperature on your washing machine as high as you can.
- The water temperature needs to be around 60° Celsius
- To be effective and clothes do need to be exposed to the high temperatures for at least 10 to 30 minutes.
Hang the clothes out to dry in the sun to get the best results
Detergents may be able to remove minor mould stains but will probably not kill all the mould and mould spores.
Dry-cleaning will still not get to the cause of your mouldy clothes problem and may not be effective with badly mildew stained items.